With the addition of the Green Cart program to Calgary households, Waste & Recycling Services is making adjustments to its seasonal fall programs. Please see the following program updates:
Use your green cart this fall
- This fall, it is easier than ever for Calgarians to clean up in the yard with their green carts.
- Always fill your green cart first. Leaves, branches and other yard waste can go directly into the green cart.
- Residents can also fill up paper yard waste bags and roll the tops closed.
o Paper yard waste bags should be put inside the green cart if there is room.
o If there is no room, put extra paper yard waste bags at least 30 cm (1 foot) to the side of the green cart for collection.
Leaf & Pumpkin program discontinued
- Leaf & Pumpkin community depot sites will no longer be available in the fall.
- Residents should not leave yard waste or other materials at former depot sites. Please use your green cart instead.
- We want to thank Calgarians for helping to support the Leaf & Pumpkin program for over 20 years.
Fall Yard Waste drop-off – Sept 29 – Oct 29
- For residents that would like to remove their yard waste right away rather than waiting for green cart collection, a Fall Yard Waste drop-off program (similar to the Spring Yard Waste drop-off program) is being made available.
- The Fall Yard Waste program will allow residents to drop off yard waste at City landfills for free composting from September 29 – October 29. This program is for residents only.
- Only yard waste is being accepted, no food waste or sod. Food waste and sod needs to go in your green cart.
- Residents should check landfill hours before leaving at calgary.ca/yardwaste.