Calgary’s largest hiring event for youth ages 15-24 is coming soon!
On Tuesday, April 3rd from 1:30 – 6 p.m., join us at the Big Four Building, Stampede Park for The City of Calgary Youth Employment Centre’s Annual Youth Hiring Fair. Over 80 employers representing a variety of industries will be on site to hire for part-time, full-time and seasonal opportunities.
To prepare for the event:
- Research the list of participating employers and make a plan of which employers you want to meet at the hiring fair.
- Come to the Youth Employment Centre and meet with an employment counsellor to update your current resume and/or create targeted ones for the industry/industries you will be applying to. The employment counsellor can also help you with your elevator pitch for the fair.
- Bring plenty of copies of your resume.
- Bring a pen to complete application forms and take notes.
- Think of questions you may want to ask the employer.
- Dress to impress!