If you are not able to attend my Canada Day BBQ at the Huntington Hills Community Association from 11AM – 1PM with our amazing MP Michelle Rempel, then you can bring the family and friends for the fireworks show that night! Details below, there is road closures and parking will be a hot commodity so plan ahead. Have a fun, and safe Canada Day!
Day time closures
- June 28, 6 p.m. – July 1, 6 a.m.:
- Riverfront Avenue from 1st Street SE to Macleod Trail
- June 30, 6 a.m. – July 2, 3 a.m.:
- Samis Road
All day closures
- July 1, 6 a.m. – July 2, 3 a.m. (all day road closure in effect):
- Riverfront Avenue from 1st Street SW to the Langevin (Reconciliation) Bridge
- 2nd Avenue from 1st Street SW to Riverfront Avenue
- 1st Street SE from 3rd Avenue SW to Riverfront Avenue
- Macleod Trail SE from 4th Avenue SE to Riverfront Avenue (with the exception of a community access lane)
- 3rd Street cul-de-sac South of Riverfront Avenue (with the exception of a community access lane)
- Centre Street Bridge – lower decks and sidewalks from 8th Avenue N to 3Rd Avenue S
- July 1, 6 p.m. – July 2, 3am (evening road closures in effect):
- Memorial Drive from 10th Street NW to Edmonton Trail
- Various streets in the Crescent Heights (and Rosedale) community will be restricted to residents only. There is no parking allowed in back alleyways. Ticketing and towing will be in effect.
- Community Resident Access Points are:
– Crescent Road at 3rd Street NW Crescent Road at 3rd Street NW
– 2nd Street at 8th Avenue NE
– 1st Street at 9th Avenue NW
– 6th Avenue at Edmonton Trail NE
Fireworks – the best place to see them!
Wherever you happen to be at 11 p.m. on Canada Day, if you can see the sky above the Centre Street Bridge, you’ll have a wonderful view of this world-class fireworks show. You can enjoy the show from any of the viewing locations along the entire Bow River corridor including:
- South Bow River pathway between third street S.W. and first street S.W.
- Riverfront Avenue
- Tom Campbell’s Hill Park
- Nose Hill Park
- Max Bell Centre
- Valleyview Park West Ridge at 26 St. S.E.
Please remember to be respectful to the community you are visiting, obey parking restrictions and take your garbage home with you. Keeping our communities safe and clean is the responsibility of all Calgarians.
No payment is required for on-street parking on Canada Day, July 1, 2018 (time limits and all other signed restrictions still apply). Calgary Parking Authority is offering free parking on Canada Day in all of their parkades, with the exception of the Arts Commons Parkade, where holiday rates will be in effect. Holiday rates will be in effect in select Calgary Parking Authority surface lots. Regular rates will be in effect at the Calgary Zoo, TELUS Spark and Heritage Park.
Fireworks parking North ridge – please consider alternate modes of transportation.
Parking at SAIT is recommended as resident access only to Crescent heights and Rosedale communities – no parking in alleyways – ticketing and towing will be in effect.
Here is a list of events that are going on all day on July 1st downtown that are family friendly!
|July 1||9 a.m.||4 p.m.||Canada Day at Fort Calgary||Fort Calgary|
|July 1||9 a.m.||5 p.m.||Canada Day at Stephen Avenue Walk /Olympic Plaza||Olympic Plaza|
|July 1||10 a.m.||5 p.m.||Canada Day at East Village Street Fair||East Village District|
|July 1||10 a.m.||5 p.m.||Canada Day at Studio Bell||Studio Bell National Music Centre|
|July 1||11 a.m.||5 p.m.||Canada Day Alberta Jeep Extreme Virtual||Olympic Plaza|
|July 1||11 a.m.||4 p.m.||Canada Day at Calgary’s Central Library||Central Library|
|July 1||11 a.m.||9 p.m.||Canada Day at Eau Claire Market Plaza||Eau Claire Market|
|July 1||11 a.m.||5 p.m.||Canada Day at Prince’s Island Park, Célébration Franco-Albertaine||Prince’s Island Park|
|July 1||11 a.m.||5 p.m.||Canada Day at Prince’s Island Park, Prince’s Island Park – Powwow & Indigenous Showcase||Prince’s Island Park|
|July 1||11 a.m.||5 p.m.||Canada Day at Sien Lok Park||Sien Lok Park|
|July 1||11 a.m.||5 p.m.||Canada Day Military Showcase||Riverfront Avenue|
|July 1||11 a.m.||5 p.m.||Canada Day Turban Eh!||Prince’s Island Park|
|July 1||12 p.m.||7 p.m.||Canada Day at Calgary Chinese Cultural Centre||Chinese Cultural Centre|
|July 1||12 p.m.||5 p.m.||Canada Day at Chinatown||Chinatown District|
|July 1||6:30 p.m.||11:05 p.m.||Canada Day Concert||Riverfront Avenue|
|July 1||11 p.m.||11:20 p.m.||Canada Day ENMAX Fireworks||Centre Street Bridge|