Welcome to 2017! As we start the New Year, planning work continues on the Green Line LRT. During the year, the project team will be presenting at City Council, leading up to a recommendation in June 2017 for the full alignment and station locations for Green Line as well as TOD (Transit Oriented Development) plans.
In March, the team will be at a number of committees to present on the Green Line:
- March 1: Standing Policy Committee (SPC) on Community and Protective Services
- March 8: Standing Policy Committee (SPC) on Planning and Urban Development
- March 15: Standing Policy Committee (SPC) on Transportation and Transit
In December, 2016, the Federal and Provincial Government committed more than $250 million dollars to fund a series of enabling works for the Green Line LRT over the course of 2017/18. Projects like utility relocations, land preparation, environmental remediation and transit improvements will help lay the groundwork for future construction of the Green Line.
Upcoming events and other ways to get involved with the Green Line will be posted on the Engage Portal.
Update on community planning
On January 11, 2017, Planning and Urban Development (PUD) approved a deferral on the timelines for the Developed Areas Guidebook, Inglewood ARP (Area Redevelopment Plan), Millican-Ogden ARP and South Hill SAP (Station Area Plan). The deferral provides additional time to ensure the ARPs and SAP align with the Developed Areas Guidebook. With this deferral, the revised timelines are:
- February 23, 2017: CPC hearing for Developed Areas Guidebook
- March 3, 2017: CPC hearing for Inglewood ARP and Ramsay ARP
- March 9, 2017: CPC hearing for Millican-Ogden ARP and South Hill SAP
- April 10, 2017: Council Hearing for Developed Areas Guidebook
- May 8, 2017: Council Hearing for Inglewood ARP, Ramsay ARP, Millican-Ogden ARP and South Hill SAP
On January 16 and 17, 2017, Council held a public hearing on the land use redesignations proposed for the former Highland Park Golf Course lands. The application returned to the January 23, 2017 Regular Meeting of Council, where Council amended and gave second reading to 4 of the 5 Bylaws. Bylaw 32D2017 for Site 4 was not given second reading. Council deferred the application to return to a Public Hearing of Council on March 20, 2017.