The Green Line North public engagement session is tonight (March 21st) from 5:30 – 8 PM at the Thorncliffe/Greenview Community Association.
- This is the last of the three sessions to view the alignment and station location in the north segment of the line, and provide input on access and circulation around the future stations and along Centre Street/Harvest Hills Blvd.
- All presentation boards and the alignment video are available online. Feedback is being collected online in addition to the in-person session and is available on the engage site.
MacDonald Avenue alignment – Administration continues to explore the potential MacDonald Avenue alignment and will be working with stakeholders in the Beltline/East Victoria Park/Ramsay/Inglewood area to understand the impacts and opportunities related to this option. A FAQ document to begin to address questions raised by the residents of Ramsay in relation to the MacDonald Avenue alignment has been developed, and will be distributed publicly this week.
Property letters – Letters will be sent to property owners or building manager on 12 Avenue S, between 2 Street SW and 4 Street SE to request technical drawings of their buildings. This information is used to further refine the investigation and design of the Green Line route in the Beltline. Similar letters were sent to properties along 2 Street SW as part of the design work on the downtown tunnel.
Public engagement sessions – two of the three session were held on March 14th and 15th on the Green Line north alignment. Sessions focused on access and circulation around stations on Centre Street North.
- Over 300 people attended over the two evenings.
- The route in the north is currently being optimized, which may include the recommendation to remove the 9 Avenue and 72 Avenue stations in June.
- All presentation boards and the alignment video are available on the engage site.
SPC on Transportation and Transit – This quarterly presentation to City’ Council’s Transportation and Transit Committee on March 15th included an update on the near-final alignment on the north segment, and the evaluation of Beltline to Inglewood/Ramsay alignment options. Administration recommended narrowing the focus to the underground option for 12 Avenue S, between 2 St SW and MacLeod Trail. The Committee unanimously approved this recommendation. A recommendation has not been made for the alignment connecting East Victoria Park to Inglewood/Ramsay station, as more technical investigation and community engagement is required.