|On Tuesday, January 28th the Green Line team presented an updated Stage 1 of the Green Line route to the Green Line committee of Council. These changes will help address construction risk, cost, and customer experience concerns on the project. |
In July 2019 Council directed Administration to review the Stage 1 route. Updates to the route include:
– A surface alignment on Centre Street N and a surface station at 16 Avenue N
– A bridge over the river
– A surface station at 2 Avenue S.W. in Eau Claire
– 7 Avenue underground station
– An underground alignment on 11 Avenue in the Beltline and an underground station at 4 Street S.E.
– 21 kilometres of BRT enhancements
This updated route provides benefits including:
– Maximizing ridership
– Directly connecting people to the core
– Facilitates future expansion north and south
– Connecting people to the Beltline and the Entertainment District
– BRT enhancements in the north.
The updates indicate focus areas The City will be working on over the next two months. In March 2020, Administration will present a recommended Stage 1 alignment along with feedback collected from Calgarians to Council for a decision.
Starting today, you can provide feedback on the updated Stage 1 alignment online and at in-person events later in February and early March.
For the latest project news and opportunities to get involved, check back regularly at Calgary.ca/GreenLine. Follow the Green Line story on Twitter @yyctransport #GreenLineYYC or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions.