For Calgarians who have parking permits, and there are 3 zones in Ward 4 that will be impacted, this is a good source for those that have contacted my office on the changes coming to parking permits and the process to renew them.
Starting August 1, 2017, residential parking zones began to transition to the online Residential Parking Permit (RPP) system as zones come up for renewal.
There are three parking zones in Ward 4 that will be impacted in this stage of the phased roll out (zones E, AA and BB). These zones expire on July 31st and will come up for renewal on June 1st.
It will take 12 months to fully transition to the new online RPP system. During this first year, residents will be asked to register for an online account (or contact us so we can set one up for them) during their regular renewal time.
If residents do not have access to the internet, they can call the City at 403.537.7000 and leave a voicemail to start a visitor parking session 24/7.
The benefits to the new RPP system include:
· A quick online permit application and renewal process for residents.
· A two-year permit instead of a one-year permit for residents.
· Permits will now be linked to licence plates which will eliminate lost or stolen permits.
· A streamlined internal process for administrating permits.
· The new system allows for more effective and efficient enforcement of residential parking zones, which residents have asked for. Enforcement of the residential parking zones will be done primarily by photo enforcement and supplemented by our mobile enforcement officers.
There is more information for residents that need to apply for parking permits, here http://permits.calgaryparking.com/ – there is lot of answers to common questions here also.
If you have further questions you can reach my office at email@example.com or 403.268.3732.