Elections Calgary has released the polling stations for Election Day. The City will also mail you a voter information package this coming week, with all the details of where to vote, what you will need to vote, and advance voting information.
The polling stations for Ward 4 are:
- Simons Valley Elementary School, 375 Sandarac DR NW
- Monsignor Neville Anderson Elementary School, 327 Sandarac DR NW
- St. Bede Elementary School, 333 Bermuda DR NW
- Beddington Heights Elementary School, 95 Bermuda RD NW
- Dr. J.K. Mulloy Elementary School, 7440 10 ST NW
- Alex Munro Elementary School, 427 78 AV NE
- North Haven Elementary School, 4922 North Haven DR NW
- Cambrian Heights Elementary School, 640 Northmount DR NW
- Thorncliffe/Greenview Community Hall, 5600 Centre ST NE
- Mother Mary Greene Elementary School, 115 Edenwold DR NW
- Centre Street Church, 3900 2 ST NE
- Triwood Community Association, 2244 Chicoutimi DR NW
- Tom Baines Junior High School, 250 Edgepark BV NW
- Edgemont Elementary School, 55 Edgevalley CI NW
- Brentwood Elementary School, 1231 Northmount DR NW
- Dalhousie Community Association, 5432 Dalhart RD NW
Who can vote? You are eligible to vote in this General Election if on Election Day you:
- Are at least 18 years old.
- Are a Canadian citizen.
- Have resided in Alberta since April 16, 2017.
- Are resident on Election Day;
- of the city of Calgary, for Mayor and Councillor; and
- of the Calgary Board of Education, for Public School Trustee; or
- of the Calgary Roman Catholic Separate School District No. 1, for Separate School Trustee. e. Provide one of the authorized pieces of identification.
Note: A student who:
(i) attends an educational institution within or, outside Alberta;
(ii) temporarily rents accommodation for the purpose of attending an educational institution; and;
(iii) has family members who are resident in Alberta and with whom the student ordinarily resides when not attending an educational institution, is deemed to reside with those family members.
Ward Boundaries: Make sure you know what Ward you are in; the boundaries are new this Election.
Types of Identification required to vote:
Voter Identification For the 2017 Election, the Local Authorities Election Act, section 53, requires electors to present one of the following forms of identification in the elector’s name with current address of residence to the Deputy Returning Officer before being allowed to vote:
- Alberta Operator’s (Driver’s) License; or
- Alberta Identification Card; or
- Attestation of Identity and Residence issued by the authorized representative of a correctional institution; or
- Attestation of Identity and Residence issued by the authorized representative of a shelter or soup kitchen; or
- Attestation of Identity and Residence issued by the responsible authority of a supportive living facility or treatment centre; or
- Attestation of Residence issued by the authorized representative (landlord) of a commercial property management company; or
- Attestation of Residence issued by the authorized representative of a postsecondary institution; or
- Attestation of Residence issued by the responsible authority of a First Nations band or reserve; or
- Bank/credit card statement or personal cheque; or
- Correspondence issued by a school, college or university; or
- Government cheque or cheque stub; or
- Income/property tax assessment notice; or
- Insurance policy or coverage card; or
- Letter from a public curator, public guardian or public trustee; or
- Pension Plan statement of benefits, contributions or participation; or
- Residential lease or mortgage statement; or
- Statement of government benefits (e.g. employment insurance, old-age security, social assistance, disability support or child tax benefit); or
- Utility bill (e.g. telephone, public utilities commission, television, hydro, gas or water); or
- Vehicle ownership, registration or insurance certificate. Electors must produce one of the required identifications and sign the statement to receive their ballots and cast their vote.
When do the polls open: They are open at 10:00 AM and close at 8:00 PM.
Advance voting: Elections Calgary has released a list of Advance Polling locations, a full list is here.
The Advance Poll location for Ward 4 is: St. Hubert Elementary School, 320 72 Ave NE
Advance Polls will be held on October, 4 th to the 11 th . There is no voting on October 9 th as that is a Holiday.
The times the St. Hubert Elementary School station is open: October 4, 5, 6, 10, 10th – Open 12PM – 7PM; October 7 and 8, 12PM – 5PM; October 9th: Closed.
Mail in Ballots: If you will not be able to be in Calgary to vote on Election Day, or in the Advance Polls you can, request a Mail-in (Special) only if:
You are unable to vote during the Advance Vote or on Election Day because:
- of physical incapacity; or
- you are absent from the city; or
- you are working Election Day as a Deputy Returning Officer, Constable, Candidate, Agent, Scrutineer or campaign worker.
Applications for the Mail-in (Special) Ballots can be made:
- Online through electionscalgary.ca and submit an online ballot form
- Telephone – 403-476-4100 (option 2)
- Fax – 403-476-4101
- In person – at the Elections & Census Office at 1103 55 Avenue N.E.
- Mail – write the Returning Officer at:
The City of Calgary
Election & Census Office1103 55 Avenue N.E.
Ballots must be returned in the envelope provided and received by Elections Calgary no later than 8:00 p.m. on October 16, 2017, in accordance with the instructions.
Voters are also required to include a photocopy of an authorized form of identification with their Mail-in (Special) ballot. A list of authorized identification can be found on electionscalgary.ca.
If you have further questions, call the campaign office and we can assist you. If you want to talk to Elections Calgary, click here. They are the only ones who can issue you a mail-in- ballot. There is no electronic voting.
Can I vote if I am in the hospital?
On Election Day, October 16, 2017, eligible electors who are patient’s at all active treatment and rehabilitation hospitals have an opportunity to vote.
Deputies will go bed-to-bed in the hospital offering every patient who is an eligible elector and resident of Calgary a chance to vote. ID is still required in order to vote with this service, however your Alberta
Health Services bracelet is considered acceptable ID.
The following hospitals and rehabilitation centres will have [these are likely, still TBC] Voting Stations:
- Foothills Hospital 1403 29th ST NW
- Peter Lougheed Centre 3500 26th AV NE
- Rockyview Hospital 7007 14th ST SW
- South Health Campus 4448 Front ST SE