The Greenview Area Improvements project is moving into the second season of construction.
We expect to have the contractors mobilize to the site again in April and work is scheduled to start as soon as the weather allows. The pop-up park and mobility improvements are expected to be open for use by the end of summer 2023. Below you will see the types of activities that you can expect to see throughout construction this season.
40 Ave. N.E. Pop-Up Park:
- Heavy equipment is required for earthworks, stripping and grading of the playground and park space
- Once the group is prepared, the playground equipment will be installed, including preparing the fall surface and park drainage
- Create the trail walkway
- Landscaping and site furniture installation
Sidewalk & Pathway improvements:
- Create a new sidewalk connection on the south side of 40 Ave NE from Centre ST to Centre A ST NE.
- Complete the pathway paving in Highland Park
- Landscaping for the project areas
The map attached shows the work areas and where you can expect to see work in 2023. For additional information and updates during the construction season, please visit Calgary.ca/GreenviewImprovements. If you have any questions about the 40 Avenue N.E. pop-up Park & Greenview Area Improvements project, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team directly.