This year, The City of Calgary is hosting a New Year’s Eve fireworks show at midnight with a music soundtrack broadcast on CJSW 90.9 FM and livestreamed for everyone to watch and listen at Calgary.ca/NYE.
· The fireworks show will be atop the iconic Calgary Tower. If you don’t have a view of the Calgary Tower, please watch, and listen to the livestream at Calgary.ca/NYE.
· Our New Year’s Eve fireworks livestream will feature a blessing from a local Indigenous Elder, the countdown to midnight with Calgary Mayor Jyoti Gondek and the main event – a spectacular fireworks show with music soundtrack broadcast on CJSW 90.9 FM.
· The music soundtrack curated by CJSW 90.9 FM will feature music from Lodgepole Kind, Thomas Thomas and Moonrunner83.
- We recommend tuning in at 11:55 p.m. on December 31, 2021.
- As a result of the fireworks show, from 11:45 p.m. Dec. 31, 2021 to 12:15 a.m. Jan. 1, 2022:
- Centre Street S.E., from 6 Avenue S.E. to 9 Avenue S.E., will be closed
- 9 Avenue S.W., from 1 Street S.W. to 1 Avenue S.E., will be closed
- 9 Avenue S.W. south sidewalk, in front of the Calgary Tower, will be closed
- In addition to fireworks at midnight, there is a lot to do on December 31 in Calgary to celebrate and have fun with family and friends.
- You can enjoy fun outdoor winter activities, visit Calgary.ca/LoveWinter for ideas.
- Consider supporting local restaurants and have a great meal with your friends and family. Learn more about Support Local.
- Check out VisitCalgary.com to learn about New Year’s Eve activities and events hosted by Calgary businesses and organizations.
- No matter what you plan to do on New Year’s Eve, ensure you follow all public health restrictions and recommendations. They are in place to keep us all safe.
- Visit Calgary.ca/Covid for the latest City of Calgary information
- Visit Alberta.ca/Covid for the latest Province of Alberta information
- If you find you are struggling and need emotional, mental, or social supports over the holidays, help is available. Please call 211, text INFO to 211 or connect with them online.