Now in its 10th year, Neighbour Day is an opportunity for Calgarians to celebrate our community spirit and kindness.
Neighbour Day started in June 2014 to recognize the incredible outpouring of support and generosity of neighbours following the 2013 floods. Each year on the third Saturday in June, we continue to celebrate one of the things that makes Calgary such a great city—our strong and caring communities.
Ideas for celebrating Neighbour Day
- Organize a block party
- Invite a group of neighbours for a BBQ or afternoon tea
- Organize a neighbourhood sports activity or picnic in the park
- Organize a small community clean-up using our TLC Kits
- Set up a neighbourhood scavenger hunt
- Lend a helping hand to a neighbour
- Complete a My Neighbour card as part of creating a safe and caring community
- Go for a walk to explore your neighbourhood while playing I spy
- Decorate your front windows and yard with colouring, artwork, Neighbour Day banner, or painted stones
- Organize a parade of lawn parties
- Have a street or sidewalk chalk drawing competition
- Or use your creativity and try something new!