If you live in the Triwood area, the city is creating a pilot rink this winter. The installation of the boards will start this week, and only when the weather is sufficient will flooding occur. This will be a great addition to the area. There are a few restrictions on its use.
· Boards will be approximately 14 inches in height.
· The rink is intended for recreational skating and not hockey. Sticks, pucks, nets will be prohibited.
· Flooding will occur from the main building when weather conditions allow, (anticipated to be mid-November)
· Supporting the rink will be picnic tables, fire pits and a small shelter.
· Seasonal lights will be installed on the fence of the compound. Lights will turn off at 11:00PM
· The rink, like the park, will be open in accordance with the Parks and Pathways Bylaw from 5:00 am till 11:00 pm.
If you have any questions, you can reach out to Calgary Parks here.